PostProcessing GPSDiff + DigiTerra

All about DigiTerra Explorer 5 mobile GIS software: questions and answers, tips and tricks. You can share information and knowledge about DigiTerra Explorer 5 with other users, by using this forum.
plavadinho

PostProcessing GPSDiff + DigiTerra

Postby plavadinho » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:34 pm

Hello!

I am currently using DigiTerra with the MobileMapper CX and bought the GPSDiff Module to be able to post process the data collected with the DigiTerra but i am facing some dificulties in understanding how can i do this.

How can i activate the GPSDiff and after do the postprocessing? Is it in DigiTerra or in the MobileMapper Office?

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Balazs Hober
Site Admin

Re: PostProcessing GPSDiff + DigiTerra

Postby Balazs Hober » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:43 pm

Look at the attached tutorial for the appropriate answers:
Attachments
Post Processing v5.zip
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 390 times

plavadinho

Postby plavadinho » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:43 pm

Dear All,

We have encountered a question in a test made in the field. T

he situation is:

We have collected some points, lines and areas on the field with the Digiterra software.

Later we imported the files to the MMOffice software and we were unable to post process the data in a customer computer after we installed the MMOffice in it.

After that we tried to postprocess the same files with the same RAW file in our PC using our MMOffice and all went well… :shock:

Can you tell us what is going wrong with this?...Why on one computer the same files are suitable for postprocessing and on another PC the same procedure don’t work.

The error that appears on our customer PC is that the raw file is not the correct raw file for such shapefiles but on ours PC this message don t appears and we can finalize the processing of the files.

Thanks in advance.

Balazs Hober
Site Admin

Postby Balazs Hober » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:10 pm

We have met the mentioned problem already. It is a problem in the Magellan MobileMapper Office software. I think you need to ask Magellan's support! 8-)

Solution:
Delete the original .prj file of the Shape file before you open the layer in MobileMapper Office, after that you need to define the same projection in MM Office.

plavadinho

Postby plavadinho » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:50 pm

We have already done that previously but he problem persisted on our customer computer.

It is important to mention that in our PC the raw data and esri shp files were the same and collected with the same MMCX unit but in one PC the problem occur and in the other PC the problem is not there...

Balazs Hober
Site Admin

Postby Balazs Hober » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:10 pm

Have you used the same projections parameter on each MobileMapper Office?

Return to “DigiTerra Explorer 5”