We have finally managed to add pick lists to our items using the CDT file but a question popped up: in the options of the pick list is it possible to select more than 1 option of the list, like multiple choice? For instance if a light post in terms of colour have more than one colour and we have this list:
If we want to characterize this light post that is Red and Brown, is it possible to choose both on the pick List?
1. Create a new vector layer (eg. in DigiTerra Map or ESRI Shape file format): point_layer
2. Add a key field: Color_ID in its attribute table with the following parameters:
3. Create a new table (eg. DigiTerra Tab or dBase file format with the Create new layer tool: colors
4. Add a key field: Color_ID in its attribute table with the same parameters as the other attribute in the table above
5. Set the Color_ID as a "Link Field" in the colors table (Open the Source panel on the Layers window and select Color_ID in the drop-down list of the Link Field):
6. Set the new record display to Tree view on the Record Tab of the Settings panel:
7. Set the point_layer as Edited layer:
8. Create a new point object:
9. Tap on the Colors (Add) table and press OK in the Linked Table - Add Record MSG box:
10. Select the appropriate values in the colors table, then OK:
...and finally here is the result:
11. Save the project as an .EXP file where you have created the vector layer and linked colors table
12. Upload the project with all of its files to a new directory of the DigiTerra Explorer 5 SD Card and set the new record display to Tree view on the Record Tab of the Settings panel
13. Open the .EXP project file with the Open Map tool and start the data collection with GPS.
That was all!