Default Value always "No"

All about DigiTerra Explorer 5 mobile GIS software: questions and answers, tips and tricks. You can share information and knowledge about DigiTerra Explorer 5 with other users, by using this forum.
map1

Default Value always "No"

Postby map1 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:35 pm

Hello, does anyone still use these forums? I see it's been a while since anyone posted here!

So i've been setting up a number of drop list for records in the .cdt file for botanical surveying e.g:

# Sphagnum Present
1 Yes
2 No

Now i have over 30 different species where I need to give ayes or no answer.

To save time when surveying instead of having to click either "Yes" or "No" I would like the default value to always return "No".

Can anyone tell me how to do this or suggest a better way to acheive this?

What I was thinking would be a good idea would be some sort of predictive text function or the text box memorises everything you have typed in and comes up with suggestions when you type 3 or more letters.

I'm not sur of this is possible with digiterra explorer or not?

Thanks for any help!!

Balazs Hober
Site Admin

Re: Default Value always "No"

Postby Balazs Hober » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Dear Customer,

I am happy to assist. :) Replying to your question it is very easy to do it by using Logical (1) data type to your Sphagnum_Present named data field. In this case the default value will always be '0' = No and if you tick the checkbox on the Form panel the value will be '1'.

:idea: Apologies for the delay in responding to this issue.

Please note that this is not an official support channel, and if you have a critical issue or bugs, you should e-mail us at support@digiterra.hu.

For bug reports, performance issues, or anything else you think is not working as it should, email us at support@digiterra.hu.

In order to help us solve the issue even faster, we would appreciate it if you would provide us with your Operating System's specifications, your OS version and DigiTerra Explorer version, and a step-by-step guide on how to reproduce the issue.

We track all emailed issues, so you can expect our response within 48 hours.

Return to “DigiTerra Explorer 5”