Let me give an example of what we mean below!
You would like to produce subcategories to this four level structure.
I. At first you have to plan the datatable connection, datatable structure and the link fields for this problem
Link fields: marked with red border
Pick list in the datatable: marked with blue border
Connections: marked with blue arrow
II. Next you have to create New Map project with a new vector layer and three datatables with the necessary structure
1. Tap the New Map button on the toolbar and set the map type (projected, geographic) and the coordinate precision of the map layers and the projection.
2. Tap the New Layer button on the toolbar and create a new vector (*.MAP + *. TAB file types) layer
3. Set the data field structure of this vector layer
a.) Tap the Records button on the Pan frame or tap the Records button on the toolbar
b.) Create a new field (Level1_ID) for the connection and an other for the pick list (Level1) with the next parameters below
Tap the "ID" filed and set the parameters of the field (Name: Level1_ID; Type: Long integer (4); Default: Increment last value; Rule: Read only). Tap OK.
Tap the Menu. Tap the New field option and set the parameters of the new field (Name: Level1; Type: Byte (1)). Tap OK.
4. Tap the New Layer button on the toolbar and create three datatables (*.TAB file type): Level2_table, Level3_table, Level4_table with the following structure
a.) Create three datatables with the following names as below
b.) Set the data field structure of the three datatables as below
Level1_ID, Level2_ID, Level3_ID: Type: Long Integer(4); Default: Increment last value; Rule: Read only
Level2, Level3, Level4: Type: Byte(1); Default: Zero; Rule: None
III. Create a Code Dictionary file in Notepad for the pick lists (Level1, Level2, Level3, Level4) with the following content and save it as levels.cdt. Set the new Code Dictionary file in DigiTerra Explorer.
Code: Select all
1. Copy the levels.cdt to your mobile device and set it.
a.) Tap the Settings button on the toolbar. Tap Record tab and tap the Code dictionary button.
b.) Tap the file to check the checkbox beside the datafile(s) you would like to add. Use the "\" or the ".." button to navigate to the Code Dictionary file you would like to set. Tap OK.
A green check mark indicates selected file.
c.) Check the checkbox near the Code Dictionary button and tap OK.
IV. Set the Link Fields to the connection in Level2_table; Level3_table; Level4_table. The Link Fields are the following:
1. Tap the Layers button on the Pan frame or tap the Layers button on the toolbar.
2. Tap Level2_table in the list and tab the source button.
3. Select "Level1_ID" from the Link Field list and tap OK.
4. Tap Level3_table in the list and tab the source button.
5. Select "Level2_ID" from the Link Field list and tap OK.
6. Tap Level4_table in the list and tab the source button.
7. Select "Level3_ID" from the Link Field list and tap OK.
IV. Set the vector layer for data collation (for editing) and close the datatables for editing
1. Tap the Grey pencil button on the header to close all layer.
2. Tap the lock of the Level1_geometry layer and tap Yes to set this layer for editing. Tap OK to close the Layers panel.
V. Set Tree view to the New record panel
1. Tap the Settings button on the toolbar.
2. Tap Record tab and select Tree view to the displaying of the New record panel.
Now the software ready to the data collection!
Before you exit the software don't forget to collect minimum one record in each datatable and save this project! You can't save the empty datatables and the empty layer!
Let's see this video how it works!