Geotagged Nikon images

Feature requests for the next version of DigiTerra Explorer for resellers only. Please, contact us at info@digiterra.hu if you want to publish any new features here.
Balazs Hober
Site Admin

Geotagged Nikon images

Postby Balazs Hober » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:10 am

I quote one of our kind user:
Hi,

I work for the Health and Safety Laboratory, an UK's government agency. We are interested in the MobileMapperCX units because we want to be able to record GPS data in the metadata of digital images. One of our tasks is going to incidents and photograph the scene, and we need the GPS info in the metadata of the images. This info should be very accurate, even if we are in a town center surroundeb by walls, and ideally if we go into buildings like factories, warehouses and so on. Also we need to record the bearing accurately, so I think we need a unit with a built-in compass, I don't know how accurate this unit can be in terms of bearing. We would connect the unit to a Nikon D300 camera through a RS232 interface, would this work fine?

We use ESRI software for our GIS applications, and we would like a "one-click" solution in terms of managing and uploading the images to a map. We manage big batches of images (between 100 and 500) for an incident, so we would need somthing compatible with ESRI.

Best regards,

P. Nieto

Balazs Hober
Site Admin

Re: Geotagged Nikon images

Postby Balazs Hober » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:11 am

We didn't forget the geotagged Nikon images. This is one of the important task in our to-do-list.

The geotagged image display requires some special procedures to implement in DigiTerra Explorer. (Real time georeferencing and scaling, thumbnail image generation, document display...) This is the reason why we don't put it in the program. But we will figure out the solution.

Return to “Wish List”