does MM CX work with DTE desktop? We can't use GPS function with
connected MM CX to DTE desktop.
And here is the answer:
Please follow the following steps to connect the MM CX with Computer via Bluetooth to see the GPS position:
1. MM CX: go to start menu/programs/gps utilities/GPS port Configurations
2. In Port Configuration panel check the box 'Enable Messages', and select the port: COM4
(if you tap on 'Configure Port' you can see the additional settings, note that Baud rate is: 57600)
3. Tap on OK button
4.MM CX: go to Start menu/settings/control panel and tap on Bluetooth Manager icon.
5. tap on Properties (left form the little computer icon, it's like a paper with a pencil on it) and check Security panel in Properties window.
Authentication: ENABLED (switch on)
Let other devices discover: YES (switch on)
Default PIN: set there something, you want (e.g. 1234)
If you are ready with the settings tap on OK button.
6. Tap on the little computer icon, and tap twice on 'serial port' icon. In 'Select COM Port' select: COM4
7.PC: go into Bluetooth manager and search for MM CX device. If you find it the Manager will ask you about securty code. This is the PIN you tapped in in the MM CX's Properties window (that was in the e.g. 1234)
When you are ready please check the device is connected or not. Click on the PDA icon in the Bluetooth Manager window, and select Hardware panel.There you can see the Name and the Type of the connection, what the PDA via Bluetooth uses. Click on the Ports (COM and LPT) and you can see wich port the computer uses for communication. (For me that was COM18)
Click on OK if you are ready
8. Start DigiTerra Explorer PC version and on GPS settings panel select the port what computer uses for communication (COM18)
Set the baud rate to 57600
Now you can see the satellites, and the position.
I hope, everybody can do it!