Trimble Juno + DigiTerra 6 + PostProcessing

plavadinho

Trimble Juno + DigiTerra 6 + PostProcessing

Postby plavadinho » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:33 pm

Hello!

I would like to know if i have a Trimble Juno GPS plus the DigiTerra what i need more to do postprocessing of data collected on the field and the costs envolved.

I would like to know as well which is the software and how the post processing method is done. Is it in DigiTerra desktop version?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Pedro Fernandes
TerraGes Portugal

Balazs Hober
Site Admin

Re: Trimble Juno + DigiTerra 6 + PostProcessing

Postby Balazs Hober » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:37 pm

The rover raw data collection is available as SSF file writing, based on the Trimble GPS Pathfinder Tools Software Development Kit. The post processing software is Trimble Pathfinder Office, please make sure that you offer a device that is compatible with this software. Unlike in case of ArcPad extension -Trimble GPS Correct for ArcPad- you do not have to pay extra for this feature, it is included in version 6 Professional Edition.

Raul

Postby Raul » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:41 pm

how other trimble equipment i can use to make a diferential correction?
DigiTerra explorer can capture raw data for this equipment trimble postprosessing? xt, xh, xm

Balazs Hober
Site Admin

Postby Balazs Hober » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:21 pm

1. At first please, upgrade to the latest version of the software.
2. Create a new layer in ESRI Shape format
3. Open the Settings > GPS tab to set up the communication with Trimble Juno
4. Tick the SSF option on this panel and select the base station distance you will use in the field
5. Open the GPS Survey panel, the software will automatically connect to the receiver
6. Tap on the RED circle on the panel to start surveying a feature. In the meantime the software logs the SSF file to this layer.
--
7. Open Trimble GPS Pathfinder Office
8. Import the captured shape file and the logged SSF
9. Load the used reference station's correction data.
10. Now you are ready to postprocess your logger data.

Please, let me know if you have any further questions.

alt-shn

Postby alt-shn » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:03 am

Hi Forum!

I managed to post process data from the SSF file logged in field work, however, I haven't discovered how can I update the shapefile with the COR file obtained after correcting the SSF in order to update the shapefile geometries and, at the same time, preserving the attributes. In short:

1 - I have a shapefile that is constantly updated with new field data;
2 - Therefore, by the time I selected the log SSF option, there were already geometries in the shapefile to which no valid SSF log can be obtained;
3 - The idea is to correct the geometries from now on;
4 - I managed to post-process the SSF, but I've been unable to apply the corrections to the features in the Shapefile that are associated with the SSF
5 - Trimble Pathfinder office has an utility named ShapeCorrect, which is supposed to what I need, however, for what I understand, it's designed for ArcPad users.

So, does this means I cannot preserve the attributes!? I mean, do I have to choose between geometry accuracy or shapefile attributes? I suppose not, but I could use some hints on this matter!

Thanks,

Best Regards,
André Mano

Balazs Hober
Site Admin

Postby Balazs Hober » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:22 pm

I would suggest to collect SSF data only to the new vector geometry then postprocess it in Pathfinder office and finally use the Merge function in DigiTerra Explorer to add the new vector geometries and their attributes to the existing SHP file. This should work.

Return to “Trimble”