How to export attribute tables into Excel?

All about DigiTerra Explorer 5 mobile GIS software: questions and answers, tips and tricks. You can share information and knowledge about DigiTerra Explorer 5 with other users, by using this forum.
Balazs Hober
Site Admin

How to export attribute tables into Excel?

Postby Balazs Hober » Tue May 12, 2009 1:23 pm

Question

Code: Select all

Hi, that’s proved to be really useful and is what we are after. My colleagues final query regards how the output in excel from a sub-categorized set of tables might look. Could you forward an example?

Answer
This is quite easy. Look at the following tutorial to learn how it works:

In case you have connected tables to the main table the software will export every related data table after the main table to Microsoft Excel.

Balazs Hober
Site Admin

Re: How to export attribute tables into Excel?

Postby Balazs Hober » Thu May 14, 2009 9:18 am

I have attached the exported Excel spread sheets as an example.
Attachments
Excel_export_samples.rar
(980 Bytes) Downloaded 369 times

whitefordj

Postby whitefordj » Thu May 14, 2009 9:57 am

That's cool. My only thought is that as a final product we would want a master sheet which would combine the findings of all the subtables. For example each row in the excel sheet would correspond to a single tree with the following columns taking the relevant information for that tree from each of the sub-tables. How I would see it working is that each tree would have a single identifer and then the other attributes (e.g. fungus/aspeect etc) for the same tree which are stored in a different excel sheet would possess the same idenitifer so I could cross-reference between the two and combine all the results onto a single excel sheet.

I guess what I'm getting and what I would like to see is what the output would look like in this instance:
In case you have connected tables to the main table the software will export every related data table after the main table to Microsoft Excel.

Is the output the same as what you have kindly posted? or are the results in a single excel sheet?

Many thanks

Jim Whiteford

Balazs Hober
Site Admin

Postby Balazs Hober » Thu May 14, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi Jim,

I have attached only the exported excel tables in my previous post. This sample project contains some vector layers in DigiTerra "MAP" format and their attribute tables in DigiTerra "TAB" format and a lot of connected sub TABLES (these are the child tables) and the project file is an .EXP file, which contains the layer structure, settings of the related tables, classification settings, colors, scale, labelling ...etc. You need to work in this project, and its files but you can export all results to Microsoft Excel. Look into the attached sample project. It can be open with the Open Map(s) tool after all files unrared.

Let me know if you need more help to implement your similar problem!
Thanks! ;)
Regards,
Balazs
Attachments
sample.rar
(85.95 KiB) Downloaded 362 times

Return to “DigiTerra Explorer 5”